Used as part of a structured training approach, process simulators provide unparalleled opportunities to prepare operators by practicing realistic operating scenarios.
Systran creates content, develops scenarios, trains your instructors, and provides onsite training to support your console operator training needs. Let Systran be the resource you need to extract maximum value from your operations training simulator (OTS) investment.
- Process Overview
- Process Equipment and Flows
- Process Control
- Operating Procedures
- Process Optimization
Our simulator-based training materials focus on and continually reinforce the critical competencies console operators need to perform their job successfully. The materials are modular and can support classroom, small group, or self-paced learning. Instructor/supervisor versions of the materials make the implementation of simulator training smooth and seamless. Systran can help you structure a sustainable program with defined knowledge and skill competencies and exercises.
Simulators are commonly used to train operators during new unit startup. But the value a simulator can bring to your training extends beyond new unit startups to all phases of operator training:
- New Hire (introduce common processes)
- The transition from outside to console (practice learning to make moves, understand complex control system relationships)
- Upskilling (learn new processes, improve troubleshooting)
- Refresher (practice start-up/shutdown, emergency procedures)
By combining the console operator training with virtual reality outside operator training environments, operators can practice working together to perform pre-startup checks, perform startup/shutdown procedures and work through troubleshooting scenarios where communication and working together become vital to achieving the training outcome. Systran can develop content for any of these phases of operator training.
ONSITE AND VIRTUAL COURSES
Systran offers simulator-based process operating training courses that can be delivered at your site by an experienced simulator instructor. Our one and two-day courses teach new and experienced operators to operate and troubleshoot common processes.
- Looking for something specific? Ask us for help.
A key challenge plants often face is how to keep your simulator relevant that challenges your operators. It takes time and effort to devise scenarios that are realistic. Because training time is valuable, we consider the following items when creating exercises:
- What is the objective of the scenario?
- Which phase of training is this exercise to be used for?
- What is the experience level of the learner?
- What is the duration of training?
Based on this information, Systran’s simulator experts can work with you to devise new and challenging scenarios that reinforce critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Built at different levels of complexity, these exercises keep the simulator training relevant, even for experienced operators.
SIMULATOR INSTRUCTOR TRAINING
Based on our experience developing training materials and working with process simulators, we can work with your team to ensure they are prepared to:
- Use the features and capabilities of the simulator
- Practice using the simulator for various phases of operator training
- Learn to create effective simulator scenarios
- Demonstrate proficiency using the simulator in small group or classroom environments